Sunday 4 May 2008

Dragon Needle Embroidery Guild - Newsletter May 2008

Dear honourable Lords and Ladies, gentle members of the "Dragon Needle Embroidery Guild" & "-eMail Group"!

Less than two months are left until the Summer Coronation event - I am very looking forward to this event and I hope to see some of you there to get to know you better. ...and again there are some very interesting news concerning the kingdom overall "A&S 50" challenge, our Guild Meeting & Guild Display & Classes at Summer Coronation,... therefore again a small summery of all Guild News:

Guild Membership Roll:
No new members joined during April - we have still 34 members :)

Guild Badge:
The fee for the registration of our badge will be payed at Summer Coronation by myself and I hope that I will have a layout for our Badge available soon for you :)

Guild Charter:
In progress - I am very sorry that I still don't have news concerning a new guild charter but I am still very occupied with a lot of different challenges, projects and also with my real life and my rather new job - I am very sorry for this delay and therefore I ask for your understanding. I hope that I will be able to put the Guild Charter down on paper soon (at the latest after Summer Coronation in July/August) and I really hope that we will have a working basic Guild Charter until the end of the year. I am also very looking forward to talk to all of you who will visit Summer Coronation at our Guild Meeting, where we could discuss your wishes and ideas for the new Guild Charter.

Dragon's Embroidery Workshop:
A big "thank you" for every photo of your beautiful work and of your projects in progress that were posted on the Dragon's Embroidery Workshop in April; therefore many thanks to the contributors of the Dragon's Embroidery Workshop Blog - please keep on posting! ...and once again: for all who would like to join the Workshop but haven't dared to show their work till now - please don't hesitate to contact me, I am very looking forward to see your work and would really love to send you an invitation for the blog - http://dragonsembroiderers.blogspot.com :)

Upcoming Events - Summer Coronation:

1) Guild Meeting: First I would love to get to know each of you better and second I would like to talk with you about the Guild Charter, the next project/challenge after the "Something to keep you warm project" started by Mistress Anya and myself, the A&S 50 challenge - I would really love to see more of the great artisans of our beautiful Kingdom involved in this challenge :) ) and last but not least - third I would also love to see some of your great work in real :D and therefore I would also like to mention my next "point":

2) Guild Display: For everyone who would like to show work in progress or finished projects (or who can't or don't want to join the A&S challenge for some reason) I would ask you to join me and display your work at the "Guild Display" - please tell me if you would like to join this Guild Display because I would like to give the coordiators of the event some facts (because I hope that more than one person - me ;) - wants to display something and that we will need some free space at one or more tables) - I hope we will be able to cooperate with the A&S display in some way :)

3) Classes: Maybe some of you know that I will hold two classes at Summer Coronation (my Klosterstich & Refilsaum classes) and besides that I hope that some people will attend my classes, I would love to attend one or two classes also by myself and therefore I hope that all of you who would like to hold a class have allready contacted Lady Jahanarabanu Vivana and if there are some members out there who would like to teach something (like smocking, blackwork, goldwork, beadwork, ...) and haven't written an eMail to Lady Jahanarabanu Vivana till now - please do so! Please share your enthusiasm for your favourite techniques with others - please keep on to inspire others with your work and also with your classes! (If someone of you would like to hold a class and has never done a class before - please tell me, because I would love to attend your class and help you if you like, or to give you some extra encouragement if needed :) )

4) Queens Basket: A very talented lady and good friend of mine who does beautiful embroidery and needlework by herself will become Queen at this Summer Coronation event - Lady Fiona Wiggins - but regardless to this facts the Queens Basket was always a matter of importance for me since I got my very first small precious gift from my very first queen at my very first SCA-event and get to know about what the Queens Basket is. I would love to surprise the new queen with some gifts from our Guild and the talented hands of the great artisans of our Kingdom and therefore I would ask you if you would also like to provide small gifts for the Queens Basket - please contact me if you would like to provide something - I am very looking forward to every small gift you can and want to provide ( ...and I think that the gift has not to be only something embroidered - every small gift is welcome :)

Misc.
..and once again: If you would like to participate in the "Something to keep you warm" Project/Challenge of Mistress Anya and me - there are still some months left for starting and completing a small project! Really! :) ...and if you would like to join the Embroidery Workshop Blog or know someone who would like to join the Guild - please don't hesitate to write me an eMail! :) Furthermore I would like to draw your attention once again to the A&S 50 Challenge - it would be really great to see more artisans from our beautiful kingdom joining this challenge.

Yours faithfully
Racaire
Dragon's Needle Embroidery Guild Head

No comments: