Sunday 20 July 2008

Progress on hood


Although I have focused more on weaving this summer, I managed to get a bit of work done on the hood project. I was not best pleased by the result of this work. However it looks very medieval (read passable) and I have learned a lot about the fabric I am working on and the thread with which I am working. I think on the next roundel, I will use linen to outline and the silk to fill the roundel.

I think the embroidery is well worked, however the cross is not lined up the way it ought to be. Looking back this was a fault with the original outline, not a fault with the technique of putting the outline one the fabric.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or comments. I hope to differentiate between a few of the arms when the background gets filled.

Jahanara

1 comment:

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

It still looks really good though!