Friday 4 April 2008

Dragon Needle Embroidery Guild - Newsletter April 2008

Dear honourable Lords and Ladies, gentle members of the "Dragon Needle Embroidery Guild" & "-eMail Group"!

Again a month passed by and I have some interesting news:

Update - Guild Membership Roll:
Many thanks to all new members who decided to join our guild - we have 34 members now :)

Update - Guild Badge:
Layout and registration of our badge is still in progress :)

Update - Guild Charter:
In progress.

Update - Guild Poll "Expansion":
Many thanks to all members who took part in the poll concerning the further direction of our guild. Based on the result I decided to keep on working on the development of a charter only for our main basis - embroidery - but I will keep an eye on the possibility of an expansion for the future.

Dragon's Embroidery Workshop:
I am overwhelmed and thrilled because of the great number of postings and all the photos of your beautiful work - many thanks to the contributors of the Dragon's Embroidery Workshop Blog.
...and for all who would like to join the Workshop but haven't dared to show their work till now - please don't hesitate to contact me, I am very looking forward to see your work and would love to send you an invitation for the blog :)

Upcoming Events:
Coronation: Many thanks to Lady Jahanarabanu for mentioning the possibility of a Dragon's Needle Embroidery Guild Meeting at Coronation - I think that is a very good idea. I am very sorry to tell that the local guild head for ID Lady Jahanarabanu won't be able to lead the Guild Meeting by herself but I hope that the Guild Meeting leaded by the Guild Head will be at least an equivalent substitute for all members who attend the event. :)
I am thinking about a possibility of a "Guild Display" at coronation and if someone is interested I would offer to hold my Refilsaum and/or Klosterstich Class. :)

And once again: If you would like to participate in the "Something to keep you warm" Project/Challenge of Mistress Anya and me - there are still some months left for starting and completing a new project! :)
...and if you would like to join the Embroidery Workshop Blog or know someone who would like to join the Guild - please don't hesitate to write me an eMail! :)
Furthermore I would like to draw your attention to the A&S 50 Challenge - it would be great to see more artisans from our beautiful kingdom joining this challenge.

Yours faithfully
Racaire
Dragon's Needle Embroidery Guild Head

No comments: