I had promised to report to Racaire in time for this report, but forgot it
completely - I feel so ashamed :(
So here's little news from Aarnimetsä:
We had a little workshop for the kingdom wallhanging project in Gudgel wars.
However it was extremely hot&humid that week, so not that many people showed
up. In spite of that Aarnimetsäns have been very active in the project: Lady
Petronilla made amazingly many patches, and both Ida Juhanantytär and Amal
binti Hamid Al-Chania have been very active and productive also. Vivat for
We had a local guild meeting in Hukka Sunday meeting in Sebtember. There
were some people new to medieval embroidery who would like to learn more,
and hopefully become guild members soon!
Next big thing in Aarnimetsä will be the Aarnimetsä Academy. There are many
interesting classes, even some on embroidery. Lady Petronilla of London will
teach a class on Opus Anglicanum -embroidery and Lady Lia de Thornegge will
teach Elizabethan metal thread embroideries. That will be very intresting!
I eagerly await the new wallhanging challenge and dragons!
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Monday, 15 November 2010
Report of Dragon's Needle Embroidery Guild - Drachenwald
7th report by reporter / guild head: Lady Racaire
Time Period: 16. May 2010 - 15. November 2010 / 2nd report 2010
I am very happy to welcome five new guild members since the last semi-annual report.
Concerning the first guild project "Coat of Arms Wallhanging for Drachenwald":
The guild project successfully started during January. The Nordmark local guild under the gentle guidance of the local Guild head fru Renika volunteered to assemble the wallhanging and started the assembling of the wallhanging at November University 2010. Still artisans all over Drachenwald are working to finish their patches for the Wallhanging and I suppose nearly all finished patches will arrive fru Renika till the end of this year. Besides the great dedication of fru Renika and lady Fiora for this project I would also like to point out that lady Petronilla finished the most patches for the wallhanging project - she received a small gift embroidered by the Guild head for her great work. You can find photos of some of the finished patches at the Dragon's Embroidery Workshop blog ( http://dragonsembroiderers.blogspot.com/search/label/Coat%20of%20Arms%20Wallhanging%20for%20Drachenwald ).
Many heartily thanks to the local guild in Nordmark and Fru Renika, the local guild in Aarnimetsä and lady Fiora, lady Petronilla and all artisans inside and outside the borders of our lovely kingdom who took part in this awesome project. I am sure this wallhanging will be a great decoration for many events in the future and I am very looking forward to see the ultimate result.
This years guild project is going to be assembled by the local guild in Nordmark and will stay with the members of the local guild in Nordmark who will take it to as many events as possible.
We are already planning the guild project for next year, which will be assembled by the local guild in Aarnimetsä under the guidance of lady Fiora and which will stay with the local guild in Aarnimetsä who will also take it to as many events as possible. The next project will include wool as material and dragons - and again a small gift embroidered by the Guild head for the artisan who creates the most patches. More information about the second guild project will be sent out as soon as the details are worked out.
...and now back to the basic information for the report:
Since the last report five new members joined the guild and we have now a total of 58 members.
List based on the membership roll (http://dragonsembroiderers.blogspot.com/search/label/Guild%20Member-List) started at 18.October 2007.
1) Racaire (Central - guild head)
2) Rakonczay Gergely (Aarnimetsä)
3) Thomas Paumer (Central)
4) Katherina Mornewegh (Central)
5) Lia de Thornegge (Scandinavia)
6) Edith of Hedingham (Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis
7) Baroness Mary Verch Thomas (Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis)
8) Hudd de Peth (Kingdom of the Outlands)
9) Johanna aff Hucka (Aarnimetsä)
10) Eva Grelsdottir (Aarnimetsä)
11) Arnulf der Zeilner (Central)
12) Lady Jane Devereux (Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis)
13) Katharina Woinovich (Central)
14) Lady Eilgri Beccan (Aarnimetsä - Aarnimetsä region guild head)
15) Viscountess Helwig Ulfsdotter (Scandinavia)
16) Katharina von Owe (Central)
17) Sileas von Biuira (Central)
18) Lady Ælfwynne of Eoforwic (Nordmark)
19) Renika Rikardsdottir (Nordmark)
20) Mistress Anya Mstyslavyaya (Central)
21) Alenn von Horn (Central)
22) Halfdan von Veneta (Central)
23) Anna de Byxe (Nordmark)
24) Hedwig von Simmaningen (Central)
25) Sahra (Aarnimetsä)
26) Sinikka (Aarnimetsä)
27) Myfanwy Methig (Aarnimetsä)
28) Rixende of Aarnimetsä (Aarnimetsä)
29) Jahanarabanu Vivana (Insulae Draconis - Insulae Draconis region guild head)
30) Ida Järvinen (Aarnimetsä)
31) Lady Melisende Fitzwalter (Insulae Draconis)
32) Lady Siubhan inghean Fhearghuis (Insulae Draconis)
33) Katarina von Danzig (Insulae Draconis)
34) Mave (Central)
35) Himiltrude fan Austrasia (Central)
36) Honor of Restormel (-)
37) Tamara Stefanova (Central)
38) Eleanora von Ratzeburg (Central)
39) Johanna von Steinwedel (Central)
40) Lady Ameline de Leeuw (South)
41) Elisande (Central)
42) Lady Gunnhild von Brunswiek (Central)
43) Sorcha Fhionn inghean ui/Ruairc (Principality of Cynagua/West Kingdom)
44) Petronilla of London (Central)
45) Astrid Thorvaldsdottir (Central)
46) Petra von Bremen (Central)
47) Lady Rose Chandler (South)
48) Jaelle of Armida (Aarnimetsä)
49) Kareina Talvi Tytär (Central)
50) Lucia Thaylur (Kingdom Atenveldt)
51) Elinor (Insulae Draconis)
52) Isabella of Vielburgen (Central)
53) Amal binti Hamid Al-Chania (Aarnimetsä)
54) Elzbeth MacGregor Goldsworthy (Kingdom of Ealdormere, Trinovantia Nova)
55) Klara von Meersburg (Central)
56) Magdalen Yrjänäntytär (Aarnimetsä)
57) Ida Juhanantytär (Aarnimetsä)
58) Katheryn Hebenstreitz (Aarnimetsä)
* Guild Head: Lady Racaire
* Aarnimetsä - region guild head: Lady Fiora (also known as Lady Eilgri)
* Central - region guild head: Lady Racaire
* Insulae Draconis - region guild head: Lady Jahanarabanu Vivana
* Nordmark - region guild head: Fru Renika Rikardsdottir
* South - region guild head: - (Lady Racaire)
Guild meetings / displays:
November University 2010 - assembling of the first guild project started
Planed projects / projects in progress:
* 01.2010 - 10.2010 - first Guild project for 2010 "Coat of Arms Wallhanging for Drachenwald"
* 01.2011 - 10.2011 - second Guild project for 2011 ~to be announced soon~
...other interesting projects:
* support of the A&S50 challenge in Drachenwald with the blog: http://drachenwald-as50.blogspot.com/ - SCA-wide challenge - finish date: celebration of the 50th year (in 2015) of the Society for Creative Anachronism
* please support the Token Challenge:
"Token challange! If every single recipient of a Drachenwald award made just 2 tokens to be forwarded to future recipients – we would NEVER run out of tokens! However – this is not possible because not everyone has the means to make them. But hands on your hearts – it IS a lot more fun to get the award with the token to proof you have excelled!
So please take part in the token challange and make your friends, families and even perfect strangers really happy the deay they get recognized for all or their skills and hard work! I have myslef promised to make 3 tokens and as soon as my crazy schedule calms down a bit I will get started! That doesn't mean that you can' start NOW!
If you have any questions or want to send ready made tokens – please contact me so I can give you an address or just some advise along the road!
Meisterinne Katheryn "
* please support the Pennsic Giftbasket:
"Pennsic giftbasket! Yes, Pennsic 39 has just ended – but next years Pennsic will be HUGE! And Drachenwald has already made itself known for giving the most period and most awesome giftbasket! So next year we should REALLY show them what we can do! As usual, the items can't be to large since we have to transport them half way around the world.
But there are lots of small things that can be made:
* embroidered belt / * small pouches or bags / * garters / * embroidered patches to aplique on garb / * embroidered book cover / * needle case
The list can go longer and I bet you all can come up with at least 5 more things that you could make. At next years Double Wars we will also join forces and work on a project for the giftbasket together during the week! Please keep an eye on future posts regarding that!
...and I again promise to forward any email for the "Token Challenge" & the "Pennsic Giftbasket" to Meisterinne Katheryn.
Guild blog / homepage:
* Dragon's Embroidery Workshop blog: http://dragonsembroiderers.blogspot.com/ - a place for the embroiderers of Drachenwald to show their own work & projects, ask questions, get answers and enjoy each other's company - no finish date - possibility to display finished projects or projects in progress
* facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/guild.head.Racaire - for anyone who is more comfortable with posting and following the guild news and postings at facebook. I try to repost all posts from the blog also at the fanpage and even a little bit more... :) The fanpage has already 142 members - SCA members & people interested into the SCA and our Guild who aren't members yet - please participate & contribute - let us show what beautiful things we can create and let us inspire each other! :)
* homepage: no homepage by now
...other interesting blogs / homepages:
* Aarnimetsä: Aarnimetsä Embroidery Basket ( http://kirjontakori.blogspot.com/ )
* Central: - (see Dragon's Embroidery Workshop http://dragonsembroiderers.blogspot.com/)
* Insulae Draconis Fibre Arts Interest Group: http://idfibreinterestgroup.blogspot.com/
Yours in Service
Dragon's Needle Embroidery Guild Head